VA Connecticut Healthcare System
The staff at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.Â For information on health and wellness programs, contact Jacquelyn Wolf, RN, Veteran Health Education Coordinator at x 5189.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to â€”
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Veterans and family can obtain health information with the touch of the screen. The kiosks are easy to use and printouts can be taken home. Kiosks are located at each of the main facility entrances.
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on â€”
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients â€”
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility
VA Television Network
An on-demand education video system is available for all inpatient rooms and in some waiting areas. Ask the staff for further information on how to access the system.