VA Connecticut Healthcare System
VA is providing COVID-19 vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
VA is now offering Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to Veterans, spouses and caregivers who have already received a full series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at least six months ago. Not all VA facilities are offering Pfizer booster shots. Learn more about COVID-19 booster shots in VA.
You can also receive your Pfizer booster outside of VA. You can locate a vaccine site at https://www.vaccines.gov/search/. Make sure to take your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when you go!
We continue to encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated.Vaccine is available to all veterans - even those not enrolled with VA - regardless of age. The spouses and caregivers of veterans are also eligible for vaccine. We offer the Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen vaccines. Vaccine type depends on the location administered.
Tips for the vaccination process:
- To help us with social distancing, where possible, please come to your appointment by yourself.
- Please arrive no more than 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Wear short sleeves or have your sleeves rolled up.
- If getting your second dose, remember to bring your vaccination card given to you when you received your first dose.
On April 12, Director Al Montoya shared the latest information on our vaccination program. View the town hall at the link below:
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only