VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- To serve the emotional, existential, spiritual and religious needs of all VACT's patients by providing professional Chaplaincy and notifying, with patient consent, local clergy and religious leaders when needed.
- Our department is committed to a Culture of Caring and committed to helping patients utilize their spirituality as part of the healing process.
- Our department works with all people without regard to spiritual belief and/or religious tradition.
Caring for Patients and Their Loved Ones
For patients or a patient's loved one, a hospitalization may raise profound spiritual questions:
- Who am I in the midst of illness?
- What is my responsibility for my own well being?
- What does "healing" mean?
- Do I have a reason to go on living?
- Where is my Higher Power / God in all of this?
The chaplains know that these questions are a normal, even necessary, part of moving through an illness. While we cannot give answers to these questions, we are prepared to provide accompaniment and guidance as individuals seek their own answers.
West Haven chapel - Bldg 2, 3rd floor
Newington chapel - Bldg 3, 1st floor
- 203-932-5711 Ext. 2414
Hours of Operation
- Daily: 8:00AM - 4:30PM